Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: £20K – £25K
- Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Quantity Surveying, Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref:
Assistant / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor – Groundworks
£25,000 to £40,000 per annum plus package (Depending upon experience)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within an established Groundworks organization. We are looking for an assistant / intermediate level Quantity Surveyor to join the clients busy commercial team.
As a result of the companies continued growth a position has become available for an Assistant or Intermediate level QS in the companies offices based on the outskirts of Ipswich. You will be reporting direct to the Commercial Manager who will work with you to develop your knowledge and experience within groundworks on some large sites within their operational areas carrying out both commercial and residential clients.
The ideal candidate will be able to show adaptability; a willingness to learn and succeed; a passion to develop into the industry and have a general knowledge and understanding of construction.
The ideal candidate would be working toward taking on a portfolio of their own and we would expect this person to eventually be able to work the full start to end process (which will include but not be limited to):
• Arrange pre-start meeting with our clients, surveying and production team
• Tender for different sites by required dates
• Management of subcontractors and their accounts inclusive of re-measures on-site/subsequent account meeting to agree payment values
• Receive and action orders, set up valuations and CVR’s (Using Microsoft Excel)
• Liaise with Site Supervisor about the on-going works on site
• Work to strict deadlines toward the end of the month to ensure that valuations are sent out to clients on time.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Ideal candidate will already be taking a construction qualification on day release
• The company are keen to see recently qualified candidates who are looking for an opportunity to join a company where they will have a fast learning curve.
• Strongly able and want to learn more about products and problems/solution
• Computer Literate
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for a confidential discussion on this exciting opportunity.