Assistant Quantity Surveyor – Woodbridge
- Salary: £25K – £35K
- Location: Woodbridge, Suffolk
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Quantity Surveyor, Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3375
Our client is an independent contractor working on a wide variety of projects including new build and refurbishment projects. Due to organic growth, they are actively searching for an assistant quantity surveyor to join their commercial team.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who has recent graduated or has a few years experience and is looking to join an organisation that can give them an opportunity to work on a variety of interesting and unique projects.
• Subcontractor procurement from enquiry through to negotiation and subcontract order placement.
• Managing subcontractor valuations and payments, through to final account agreement.
• Providing commercial support to the contracts team to effectively deliver projects on time and within budgets ensuring profitability
• Compiling and preparing internal valuations and cost reports.
• Compiling and agreeing client valuations.
• Client liaison and communications.
• Provide support to contracts team to ensure timely production of accurate records and supporting documentation.
• Degree in (or working towards) Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Civil engineering, Construction or Building experience
• Computer literate with competency in Microsoft packages.
• Commercial and contractual awareness, used to working with different clients, forms of contracts and methods of measurement.
• Self-motivated with a pro-active positive attitude.
• Good at self-management in time and prioritising workload, able to use initiative to solve and avoid problems.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Contract administration
£25,000 to £35,000 per annum plus package
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 or apply with an update to date CV.