Contracts Manager – Drylining / Plastering
- Salary: £40K – £50K
- Location: Colchester, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector: , Contracts Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3692
Contracts Manager – Plastering / Drylining
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum plus package and bonus
Our client is a well established Drylining and Plastering contractor. The company has over 10 years of successful trading with a proven record of successful project delivery and satisfied clients. Due to organic growth, the company is now looking for a Contract Manager to join their senior management team. The role is a going to be a critical part of the companies growth plans and will offer great career path for the successful candidate.
The company require a person who comes with a proven track record within the plastering and drylining sectors. Residential new build experience is essential as well as refurbishment / fitout know how. As a contract manager you must have good commercial awareness as well as the ability to work effectively with client representatives and site managers.
• Managing, directing and recruiting the subcontractors.
• Quality checking the work carried out by the subcontractors.
• Problem solving – logistical and technical.
• Prestart meetings on site to qualify contact price & make sure the project is ready to start/lay out clear instructions of our requirements.
• Organising remediation work.
• Ordering material deliveries and collections
• Meeting with surveyors and contracts managers from the client.
• Assisting with tenders and pricing when required
• Submitting biweekly and monthly valuations.
• Reporting on monthly targets.
• Technical knowledge of plastering, drylining and screeding
• A good technical knowledge of all construction but most importantly on the work that is installed directly before and after our aspects of work. i.e. first and second fix carpentry and decoration.
• Must have CSCS and either SSSTS or SMSTS
• The client is willing to consider candidates that are looking to make the move to contract manager level
• Computer literate.
The company offer a competitive basic salary with a generous bonus scheme for successful candidates. Please call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this role.