Earthworks Contract Manager
- Salary: £40K – £50K
- Location: Suffolk, Suffolk
- Start date:
- Job Sector: , Civil Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref:
Earthworks Contracts Manager
£50,000 to £65,000 per annum plus car / allowance and generous benefits scheme
Our client is a Suffolk based earthworks and civil’s company working across the major highway link roads, industrial, mixed use, commercial and retail sectors.
The business is privately owned with a highly reputed track record in their chosen fields. You will be joining a business experiencing strategic step change growth having evolved their delivery capability.
In the capacity of Earthworks Manager you will have overriding responsibility for project based teams and be accountable for delivering fully programmed civil engineering schemes for an earthworks perspective.
First and foremost the role will require;
* Self-generating commercial leads
* Managing bid processes for Earthworks
* Managing operational set up and operational performance of sites
* Managing commercial recovery of sites.
* Responsibility for division P and L.
Technical areas under your responsibility will include;
* Interpreting earthworks design and overseeing appropriate planning for Earthworks Strategies and Earthworks Specifications.
* Delivering large scale earthworks projects to standard UK specifications.
* Delivering remedial earthworks control, muck shifting whilst maintaining responsibility for project program implementation.
* Management of sub-contractors.
* Management of time and cost budgets.
* Understanding of remedial and soil stabilisation technologies.
* Verification and closure of remediation and earthworks projects.
The business has been trading for over 30 years with a multi million turnover in excess of £50M. It has a number of business streams and construction services thus placing it as the preferred contractor of its size across their client base.
This opportunity has arisen to aid and develop further growth. As such you will need to possess significant ground and earthworks experience working in the capacity of a traditional Earthworks Contracts Manager capacity. Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this role.