- Salary: £50K – £60K
- Location: Basildon, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector: M&E, Electrical Estimator
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: J3981
Senior Electrical Estimator
£60,000 to £65,000 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package including bonus
We are currently working for this well known regional building services contractor based in the Basildon area. They are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Estimator / Senior Electrical Estimator to join their estimating team. The company work on predominately commercial projects such as schools, hospitals and office blocks. This will include Shell & Core, Cat A and Cat B fit outs. The successful candidate will also have a good working knowledge of HV / LV work and the replacement or upgrade of UPS Switchgear.
You will be given full responsibility of tendering and estimating for electrical projects ranging in value from £0.5 million to £5 million. You will be part of a small estimating team that has proven to be successful in winning work. The role has come about due to organic growth and a wish to continue expanding.
You will be responsible for:
• Quoting for electrical projects using a computerised estimating package.
• Knowledge of schedule of rates and or a bill of quantities is desirable.
• Must have previous electrical estimating experience on commercial projects for the private sector and public sector.
• Interpretation of electrical design and tender documentation
• Site Surveys to client properties to assess the current electrical installations.
• Assisting the bid team with client presentations.
This company offers a stable future to any potential candidate, as well as working in a culture that is “family” and team orientated. The ideal candidate will have had previous extensive experience in electrical estimating for commercial clients. You must be a confident communicator and have experience of client facing meetings.
This is an ideal opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and progressive company. Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for more information on this and other estimating roles.