Estimator – Construction – Ipswich
- Salary: £50K – £60K
- Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Construction
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3322
Plus package. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Estimator to join a well established contractor based on the outskirts of Ipswich. The company is well established with a strong client base built upon the successful delivery of commercial projects covering schools, offices and industrial projects. The company is ambitious with a strong desire to grow the company. This role is an integral part of the expansion and the role will develop for ambitious individuals into a management level appointment.
• Oversee all tender activity including pricing, preparation and submission.
• Provide detailed breakdowns of tenders
• Obtain best value sub-contract and supplier prices
• Procurement of sub-contract works including documentation and compliance
• Hold and attend regular tender review meeting
• Effective communication with clients, suppliers, external consultants and colleagues through to senior management.
• Preparing high quality bids
• Construction related Degree / equivalent, ideally Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management.
• Previous experience within general commercial contracting is essential, previous experience within residential development is also desirable.
• You’ll ideally be situated locally to the area and have an understanding of the local market.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this and other estimating roles.