Estimator – Groundworks
- Salary: £30K – £40K
- Location: Colchester, Essex
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Sector: Groundworks, Estimator
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: J3747
Estimator – Civils & Groundworks
£40,000 to £55,000 per annum plus package
I am currently looking for a diligent Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for a Civil Engineering and Groundwork subcontractor based in North Essex. A privately run business with an excellent reputation for delivering groundworks and civils projects within the residential and commercial sectors.
You will be office based with site visits as required. You will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
• Estimating groundwork projects
• Understand the project/program and its requirements
• Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
• Gather first-hand information from sites
• Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials and plant
• Forecasting and budgeting
• Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors
• Perform risk analysis on all projects
• Create and submit estimate reports to whoever necessary project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.
• Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
• Provide consultation on planning
• Must have estimating experience. Working on groundwork
• The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset
• You must be thorough and apt in managing relationships with key persons
• The candidate will have come from a civil engineering or groundworks background
• Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
• Ideally – BSc/BA Hons in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Commercial management or Construction
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for a confidential discussion regarding this and other estimating roles.