Estimator – Structural Steel
- Location: Sudbury, Suffolk, Suffolk
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Ref: J3524
ESTIMATOR (STRUCTURAL STEELWORK)
£30,000 to £35,000 per annum plus package
Our client is a successful Suffolk based specialist sub-contractor which specialises in the production and installation of quality structural steelwork, secondary steelwork and architectural metalwork for an impressive list of Main Contactors and Bluechip clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a longstanding organisation that works within a variety of niche sectors and are still experiencing a period of structured and sustained growth. Career progression can be achieved by the right candidate.
To work within a small but busy team ensuring the accurate and timely submission of tenders to clients, reporting and communicating on a regular basis to the Commercial Director together with the Managing Director.
• To take off information from architects / engineers structural steel drawings
• To prepare the accurate and timely submission of quotations to clients
• To liaise with clients and suppliers in an efficient and professional manner
• To follow up submission of our tenders
• To visit sites, clients offices and attend pre-contract meetings from time to time
• To advise of variations throughout the contract
• The successful applicant will have experience of working as an Estimator within a similar environment.
• Be capable of preparing accurate and professional quotations / estimates which are cost effective and meet business financial targets.
• Must be self-driven, results-orientated with a positive outlook and able to demonstrate success.
• Have experience managing Clients, together with excellent communication skills.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this role.