Foreman – 278 Works
- Salary: £40K – £50K
- Location: Chelmsford, Essex, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: J3578
Foreman – Section 278 and 38 Works
£45,000 to £55,000 per annum plus van, fuel card and benefits package
Our client is an Essex based Groundworks Contractor. They are looking for a Foreman with strong experience within 278 and 38 works. The company need someone to take responsibility for the 278 and 38 works on residential developments. You will be joining the companies experienced site team completing road works on small and larger multi phase housing project. The company would like to see people with a steady work history for groundworks contractors.
To organise sites so that work is carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to employees, other contractors, members of the public, equipment or materials and in accordance with the requirements of the Site Health and Safety Plan. Including but not limited to:
• To assess work activities to be carried out, plan the resources required in conjunction with the site programme to ensure that deadlines are met and related works are carried out in the correct sequence.
• To make assessments based on available data, determine the safest, most cost effective method of operation
• To ensure all site operatives are wearing the appropriate PPE and using the correct equipment for the task
• To understand the Company Health and Safety policy and ensure that it is brought to the attention of all employees.
• Groundworks background
• Excellent knowledge of 278 and 38 works
• Plant knowledge (current CPCS excavator qualification would be beneficial)
• Practical knowledge building adoptable roads and drainage systems
• Steady work history (Freelancers will not be accepted for this role)
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this role.