General Foreman (Civils/ Highways)- Huntingdon
- Salary: £40K – £50K
- Location: Cambridgeshire
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref:
Our client is a leading, regional civil engineering contractor that work within the Highways, Infrastructure and Civil Engineering sectors. They are currently searching an experienced General Foreman to work within their team based out of the Huntingdon office.
· Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
· Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
· Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant
· Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
· Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
· Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
· Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
· Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
· Preparing reports as required
· Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
· Additional duties will include Site Supervision, Managing Health & Safety, Report Writing, Toolbox talks, Holding meetings, programming of works.
The ideal individual will hail from a demonstrable permanent background with a Principal Civils Contractor, it is expected that you have extensive, demonstrable experience in a Civil Engineering environment. Experience within Highways projects is essential.
You will need to be in possession of SMSTS, CSCS, and First Aid.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to be involved in multi-million pound civils projects whilst working within a well-recognised contractor. You will have all of the benefits of working with a main contractor including a busy works schedule, excellent progression opportunities and a competitive salary as well as a company benefits package.
Please contact Georgina or Ian on 01473 217 399 for more information.