Health and Safety Manager / Advisor
- Salary: £35K - £45K
- Location: Colchester, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Civil Engineering, Heath and Safety Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3903
Health & Safety Advisor / Manager
£40,000 to £50,000 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package
Our client is a regionally based Groundworks Contractor that predominantly works throughout Essex with the occasional project in Suffolk and Hertfordshire. The company is looking for a health and safety advisor / manager to ensure the site health and safety are compliant and the overall company health and safety policies are adhered to and the culture of best practice is followed.
The role is a hands on role which will involve being proactive in ensuring all mandatory health and safety requirements are followed.
• Carry out site H&S inspections
• Liaise with site teams and subcontractors for issue resolution
• Conduct site H&S documentation reviews and audits
• Conduct follow up Incident investigations
• Maintain compliance registers and compliance checks on Management System
• Manage H&S training, inductions, toolbox talks etc
• Provide guidance, assistance and consultation to company employees
• Generate accurate reports i.e. AFR’s, RIDDOR, Audit findings, Inspection reports etc.
• NEBOSH certificate / HSEQ related degree
• IOSH member
• Hold a valid CSCS card
• 5 + years’ experience within Health and Safety, within the Construction industry
• Have shown a stable working history within the construction industry
• As an individual they must be proactive and passionate about ensuring Health & Safety on site
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this role.