Health and Safety Manager / SHEQ
- Salary: £50K - £70K
- Location: Chelmsford, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Construction, Health and Safety Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ4013
Health & Safety Manager / SHEQ
£50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus package
Our client is a well known and established construction company based in the Chelmsford area. The company have been trading for over 20 years with a great reputation for project delivery on behalf of a wide range of clients. The company is actively searching for an experienced Health and Safety Manager who can take over the running of a small health and safety team plus drive forward an environmental policy through the company. The ideal candidate will support the business transformation by driving improvements that embed quality, remove variation, drive process improvement, improve a safety culture and instill a positive approach to all Health & Safety and Environmental policies. h.
• To oversee, manage and take responsibility for all Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) across the business.
• To develop HS&E provision. Looking externally & thinking ‘outside the box’ to find best practice.
• To support, guide and work closely with managers and site teams across the business to actively promote a positive HSE culture and drive the company better.
• To oversee and monitor HSE training for all employees and where necessary contractors, making recommendations and ensuring toolbox talks are carried out regularly.
• To report on, monitor and continuously improve safe systems of work, safety processes and procedures to minimise the risk of injury to employees and reduce accident frequency.
• To ensure all incidents and accidents are investigated in a professional and consistent manner, taking immediate action, attending site where applicable and RIDDOR reporting when required.
• To ensure compliance with all mandatory requirements at all locations
• To attend, advise and support the teams at all stages of the work: pre-Order, pre-start; site set up live site and at the close of a job.
• To assist with the Sub-contractors approval process and ensure they maintain safe working practices.
• To carried out site & office inspections to assess compliance with policy or legislation ensuring reports are completed and further training offered when required.
• To aid in the process of gaining annual accreditation renewals.
• To create / help with CPPs and to periodically review our processes in line with the requirements of the company.
• To create / help with RAMS and periodically review existing RAMS. Ensuring that they are read and understood
• To maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of all Health, Safety & Environmental requirement / legislation, updating policies and employees where necessary.
• To proactively support your colleagues with changing workloads and demands.
The ideal candidate:
• NEBOSH Construction Certificate
• IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
• CMIOSH member (or evidence of working towards)
• Valid CSCS card (professionally qualified persons)
• Proven experience/track record in construction HS&E
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
• The proven ability to build and maintain strong internal and external working relationships
• To be a approachable knowledge hub
• Training skills/qualifications an advantage
• Full driving license and flexibility in hours and locations essential
Please call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for more information on this role.