- Salary: £25K – £35K
- Location: South Woodham Ferrers,
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Sector: , Buyer
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3666
Buyer – Construction
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex
£30,000 to £35,000 per annum plus package
With a superb reputation as an employer of choice, this established construction business continues to experience exceptional growth and in order to ensure materials and equipment are purchased at the right price, they’re looking to add a Buyer to their purchasing team. If you have experience within the construction, have proven purchasing experience and together with confident negotiation skills, there is a salary of up to £30,000 on offer together with a great benefits package and an excellent working environment.
What will you be doing?
Working within a small purchasing team, duties will include:
• Obtaining the most competitive prices
• Work with both internal and external customers to maintain the balance between cost and site progress
• Ensure efficient supply relationships ensuring quality service
• Agree pricing, delivery and quality standards
• Deal with queries quickly and efficiently
• Input all orders onto internal systems
• Ensure all invoices are authorised in line with procedure and passed to relevant departments
What experience do you need?
• You’ll already be working in a similar role, you’ll also need:
• Experience within the construction industry
• CIPS qualification (or working towards) would be desirable but not essential
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good IT skills (Word and Excel)
• Confident and outgoing
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Confident telephone manner
Please call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this role.