- Salary: £60 - £70K
- Location: Kent, Kent
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Sector: Construction, Planner, Planner- RC frame and Groundworks
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Ref: IFJ4028
Planner – RC Frame and Groundworks
£60,000 to £75,000 per annum plus generous package
Our client is an established Civil Engineering Contractor with a current turnover in excess of £200 Million across multiple projects in London. The company work predominantly within the Highways and Infrastructure sectors in the South of England. This is a client with real aspirations for success and plans for growth in each area of the business. To join this business is an opportunity to play a key part on some of the region’s most prestigious projects.
We have been asked to find specialist civil engineering planners capable of delivering packages ranging in value from £1 million up to £10 million each.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the planning and programming function within preconstruction and project delivery. This specialist contractor carries out a variety of complex packages with technical challenges to overcome. You will work closely with the pre-construction team to deliver these projects to the highest standards.
• The professional will be critical in supporting the Project Management & Contracts Management teams in producing, overseeing and monitoring of the contract and construction programmes.
• Providing support to the PM in briefings to proactively focus design (temporary and permanent), procurement, labour, plant and staff in order to secure programmed dates and milestones.
• You will have competence in either P6 or Asta Power Project (or similar planning software) and a well-developed ability to communicate technical issues clearly is preferred.
• The ability to read, absorb and visualise information from drawings and text and convert this into a robust vision for construction. You will be a communicator who can motivate ancillary staff who produce 3D models and ‘cartoon’ sketches, so that our proposals are set before the client using visual aids as well as text.
• Constructive communication with Estimators is also important. Experience of a busy and fast moving civil engineering environment tendering office and the necessary ability to cope under pressure is ideal along with a broad engineering technical knowledge.
To fulfil this role, we would ideally hope for the construction professional to have spent a proportion of their career on-site as an engineer, project manager or similar, preferably in the field of groundworks and civil engineering but this is not essential if strong planning experience can be shown in the civil engineering industry.
About the benefits and rewards
If successful you will receive a strong basic salary estimated at £60,000 to £75,000 per annum (based on level of experience) with a package to match. This is negotiable for very senior candidates. The package may also include various benefits relating to travel and healthcare.
Please call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for a confidential discussion regarding this role.