Project Manager – Civil Engineering
- Salary: £60 - £70K
- Location: North London / Hertfordshire / Essex, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Civil Engineering, Project Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3869
Project Manager – Civil Engineering / Rail
£65,000 to £80,000 per annum plus package (DOE)
Our client is a high profile London based Civil Engineering contractor. The company is well established with a multi million pound turnover. The company focuses on the infrastructure, structures, RC frame and rail sectors. Due to organic growth, they are keen to speak with experienced Contract Managers to be part of the site based project delivery teams. The ideal candidate will have experience of projects up to £5-£20 million and be looking to join a financially stable company that can provide a wide variety of interesting work. For ambitious individuals, there are excellent opportunities to progress your career. The company have a strong track record of supporting its staff with their professional qualifications.
· Management of site staff, operatives and sub-contractors.
· Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
· Understand tender allowances and monitor contract loss against agreed budgets.
· Preparing and monitoring programmes of work.
· Foster good relations and reputation with clients.
· Manage design co-ordination.
· Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
· Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts.
· Supervise, mentor and assist in the career development of junior staff.
The successful candidate will need to have main contractor experience in civil engineering working on highways, structures and bridges along with temp works experience. Design co-ordination experience would also be an advantage.
We’re after a team player who has excellent communication and people skills who have the ability to manage change and delegate.
Already experienced as a Project Manager, you will have a relevant industry qualification (HND/ HNC/ BEng) or equivalent and an up to date SMSTS qualification, and appropriate CSCS card. A CPCS crane appointed person, Temporary works Co-Ordinator and NRSWA tickets would also be an advantage but not essential.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for more information on this role.