- Salary: £30K – £40K
- Location: Cambridgeshire
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref:
£40,000 to £55.000 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package
|Our client is a medium size main contractor based within the Cambridge area. The company is an independent contractor with over 30 years of successfully delivering projects through out East Anglia. The company work mainly within the commercial sectors covering new build, design & build and restoration work. Their client base is varied but exceptionally loyal as the company enjoys a very high level of repeat business. The company has reached a point where they are looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.The role will provide the opportunity to run your own projects ranging in value from £500K to £4 million. The successful candidate will be reporting directly to a commercial manager and has great opportunities to progress your career into a senior management role.
· Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team.
· Preparation of monthly cost / value reports, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
· Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
· Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
· Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
· Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts – monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
· Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
· Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
· Have a proven track record as a quantity surveyor within the construction industry
· Have experience of working for a main contractor
· Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
· Commercial and contractual awareness
· Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
· Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
· Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this and other roles.