- Salary: £30K – £40K
- Location: Cambridgeshire
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref:
£40,000 to £55,000 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package
Our client is an SME construction company working within the commercial sector covering schools, leisure, industrial and office blocks. They are currently searching for an experienced Quantity Surveyor covering the Cambridgeshire area. The company is looking for an assistant taking the step up to Project level or an established quantity surveyor looking to join an expanding company that can offer genuine career progression. The company has worked on projects to £3 million but in general they concentrate on projects raging from £250K to £1.5 million.
- Manage and Oversee all financial aspects of a project through to final account.
- Provide Commercial Guidance on project performance via accurate forecasting.
- Manage and Control Subcontractors to ensure all costs constraints are met.
- Ensure all contractual requirements are met by the project team.
- Identify and Price all variations.
- Prepare estimates at tender stage.
Main Contractor experience would be advantageous, but must have a proven track record in managing all commercial aspects of construction from inception to completion.
Excellent communication skills required, and the ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications is essential.
Must be educated to HNC level or above and have a steady work history.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this and other Quantity Surveyor roles.