Quantity Surveyor – Groundworks
- Salary: £40K – £50K
- Location: West Hanningfield, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3496
Our client is a family owned groundworks contractor working predominantly within the residential sector but with regular commercial projects. Works will include access roads, highways and drainage, RC foundations, hard and soft landscaping plus residential foundations. All of the work will be for well-established developers and main contractors.
The company have a strong brand within Essex and provide a friendly work environment with a good attitude to work / life balance. The company is ambitious and can provide a strong career path for motivated individuals.
- Provide support to junior commercial staff
- Monitor progress against the programme, in order to support site management
- Negotiation with settlement of disputes in relation to customer and supplier accounts
- Produce CVS’s, cashflow and end of day forecasts ensuring they correspond with targets/strategy
- Raise early warnings and compensation events
- Ensure payments are applied for and received within the contract
- Build relationships to maximise client satisfaction and the opportunity to win repeat business
- Ideally you will hold minimum of HNC/HND Quantity Surveying qualification (or other relevant construction related subject) with experience working in the groundworks industry.
- Commitment, drive and outstanding performance
- In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary, package and opportunity to progress.
Please call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this and other quantity surveyor roles.