Quantity Surveyor – Groundworks
- Salary: £60K – £80K
- Location: North London / Hertfordshire / Essex,
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Sector: Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Ref: IFJ3916
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£70,000 to £95,000 (DOE) plus package
Following a meeting with the Commercial Manager of one of London’s leading specialist Civils construction companies I’m recruiting for a permanent Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. The company have been going for over 20 years and undertake work predominantly in London and the Home Counties. The company work within the RC Frame, Groundworks, Remediation, Substructure demolition, Drainage and Piling sectors.
The company has a turnover of £100 million and are looking to build upon this over the next 5 years. They currently work on projects ranging from £3 million to £20 million. To facilitate the work they undertake, they have professionally structured departments managed by highly experienced directors, all of whom have had long standing and successful careers in the construction industry.
This role will involve the usual surveying duties (i.e. taking projects from start to final account making sure budgets are maintained and profit levels are maximised while reporting any necessary changes) on reinforced concrete (RC) frame packages and associated groundworks. This role will report to the commercial manager and will be responsible for a group of projects (usually around 2 to 3 at any one time).
• You will be a time served Senior Quantity Surveyor (the company will consider an intermediate/Project Level QS with the right experience)
• And due to the technical nature of this role, it is also crucial that all applicants are degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management.
• You will have experience working for Civils/Groundworks/RC Frame contractor with a proven track record of working on large new build projects either for a sub or main contractor.
• You should be based within commuting distance of North London. This role will suit candidates from Essex and Hertfordshire as well as London
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for more information on this and other commercial roles I have.