Quantity Surveyor – Groundworks
- Salary: £30K – £40K
- Location: Norwich, Norfolk
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3683
£40,000 to £55,000 per annum plus generous package
Our client is a well known privately owned groundworks subcontractor based in the Norwich area. Due to on going organic growth, they are actively searching for an experienced groundworks quantity surveyor to join their busy commercial team.
The purpose of this position is to provide assistance with the tendering and procurement of new projects, whilst minimising costs and enhancing value for money of existing jobs. Additionally, assisting with the estimating and procurement of required materials for new builds and on-going jobs, whilst managing payment application processes.
• Measuring works from drawings to assist with estimating
• Valuing completed works
• Managing payment application processes
• Preparing and pricing variations
• Preparing bill of quantities and price breakdowns for projects
• Prepare tender and contract documents
• Raise queries in relation to tender information
• Attending meetings with clients on-site
• Preparing feasibility studies of client requests
• Assisting with the procurement of materials of on-going projects
Qualifications and Training
A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or a HNC / HND / Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management / Civil Engineering (including an industrial placement) is required. Courses at this level include units covering contract tendering, estimating and buying. Experience within the construction industry is also very welcomed.
• Able to read, understand and measure construction drawings.
• Good communication skills (verbally and written)
• Strong numeracy and financial management skills
• Organisation skills and methodical approach to work
• Ability to learn and manage design and costing IT packages
• Ability to write clear and precise reports
• Proactive problem solving
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for a confidential discussion regarding this and other quantity surveying roles I have.