Quantity Surveyor – Highways and Infrastructure
- Salary: £50K – £60K
- Location: North Yorkshire, Cumbria
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Civil Engineering, Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3356
With benefits package. My client are a Traditional Civil engineering Contractor based in the North Yorkshire area. They work within a wide range of different sectors including roads, bridges, earthworks, and infrastructure This client is well established, they have a good reputation and they have won a number of awards. Typical projects are between £3 – £6 million in value. You will be site based on your own either on a large single project or a couple of smaller projects. You will also be required to visit the head office once a week. You will be reporting straight into the commercial manager.
The role will entail staying away when required. The company will meet all expenses for staying away.
• Lead Commercial quantity surveyor running 1 / 2 projects.
• Preparing tender and contract documents, this will include bills of quantities with the client.
• Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company’s Procedures.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control.
• Performing Value management and cost control.
• Arranging payments and valuing completed work.
• To assist the project team in the administration of sub-contractor performance so as to ensure the economic and timely completion of all sub-contractor liabilities written into sub-contracts.
• Record and analyse the impact of variations / design cost control / value engineering.
• Participate and advise on programme / delay issues arising from change / variations and to prepare claims for extensions of time.
• To prepare, negotiate and settle final accounts.
• Participate or lead in Project Meetings.
• To participate in dispute avoidance or alternatively resolution.
• Ensure the timely submission of all relevant data required to monitor and analyse individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis thereafter.
• Strong client facing and negotiating skills
• Must have experience of running a civil engineering project, as the number one Quantity Surveyor, from start to finish (procurement to final accounts)
• In depth knowledge or different kinds of civil engineering projects such as roads, groundworks, earthworks, bridges and infrastructure.
• Holds a relevant CSCS Card.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
• Proficient in the use of MS Packages e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Please send in your CV or call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this and other Quantity Surveying Roles