Quantity Surveyor – Residential
- Salary: £50K - £70K
- Location: Chelmsford, Essex, Essex
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Ref: J3581
£55,000 to £67,500 per annum plus car / allowance and benefits package
Our client is an ambitious contractor working predominantly within the residential new build sector. They work on a variety of projects ranging from bespoke high end developments to larger developments up to 250 units. They also work on retirement and care home projects.
This established company has gone from strength to strength since being founded and has grown to having a very established work force with further plans for growth in place. Due to their continued success and rapidly expanding business they are now seeking to employ a hands-on Quantity Surveyor to join their Team.
The client is looking for a candidate with previous experience working within residential and commercial sectors and ideally has at least 5 years working as a Quantity Surveyor.
• Support the preparation of tender documents
• Measure and mark up drawings
• Estimate costings and budgets
• Calculate quantities of required materials
• Manage procurement processes
• Identify material requirements
• Negotiate costs with material suppliers
• Purchase materials within identified budgets
• Research alternative solutions for materials as required
• Generate client valuations (as required)
• Contract Knowledge
• Production of Cash Flows
• Manage Suppler / Subcontractor Procurement and accounts
• Analyse project costings and produce internal monthly financial reports (Construct for Sage)
This is an ideal opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor wanting to take the next step in their growing career and join an experienced business which over time will offer a clear path to progress and develop into a senior quantity surveyor.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for a confidential chat regarding this and other quantity surveyor roles we have.