Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: £60K – £80K
- Location: North London / Hertfordshire / Essex, Essex
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Sector: Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Ref: 3914
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Rail
£75,000 to £90,000 plus package
Our client is a thriving and ambitious Civil Engineering Contractor that undertakes a range of Civil Engineering work within the Rail, Infrastructure and Structures sector. The company is enjoying a significant growth phase to due major project wins. They are actively searching for an experienced quantity surveyor to join their busy commercial team based in North London. The role will incorporate general civil engineering projects such as platform extensions, bridges, tunnels, embankments and enabling works within a rail environment. The company do take on track work and are looking to increase this type of work.
As one of the key members of the Commercial team, you will play a key role in the winning and delivery of Rail Infrastructure projects. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career working on a varied range of projects based predominantly within the London and Home Counties area.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will support the Business by providing commercial management on a Project(s) to protect the company’s interest and deliver tender margin-plus with effective cost and value management.
• Ensuring there is effective cost management of the Project(s) through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
• Be aware of the contractual requirements of the Project(s), advise the project team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect the company’s contractual position
• Being aware of and actioning any potential business development opportunities.
• Responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the Project(s) allocated to them.
• Assist Estimating and Operations with developing bid submissions.
• Review and commercially assess client contract documents and advise on risk and opportunity.
• Supplier/Sub-contract identification and tendering.
• Procurement of resources to meet programme and ideally tender.
• Supply chain management and payment to ensure programme is maintained and buying opportunities are maximised.
• Weekly cash forecasting and monitoring.
• Weekly review of programme and site records and analysis of variances from planned.
• Forecasting and Monthly Cost/Value Reporting.
• Identify and manage scope and risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis.
• Make payment applications to clients, monitor and chase client payments.
• Commercial advice to/support and interaction with project team(s).
• Commercial interaction with client and suppliers.
• At least 3 – 5 years commercial experience in delivering Rail projects under the NEC forms of contracts. Experience in general civil engineering such as highways, groundworks and structures would also be beneficial.
• Good working knowledge of NEC Contracts
• Higher level (HNC or Degree) qualification in Quantity Surveying.
• Have functional/technical skills associated with the field of Quantity Surveying.
• IT proficient in MS Office, particularly in Excel and Word.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475 for more information on this and other quantity surveying roles.