Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: £50K - £70K
- Location: Stowmarket, Suffolk,
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: IFJ3593
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Residential Developer
£60,000 to £70,000 per annum
Our client is a privately owned SME developer that is actively searching for an experienced residential Senior Quantity Surveyor. The company is expanding and is looking for someone who can take ownership of the full commercial function within the company. The company have a strong career path to commercial management for the right person. The initial project will be a 50 unit development near Stowmarket.
You will be knee deep in new-build projects, managing developments from pre-commencement stages through to final accounts within budget and to strict deadlines. Duties will include:
• Budget estimating / cost planning and financial reporting
• Preparation of tender packages, and tender analysis, for main contractors, subcontractors and consultants
• Responsible for managing all sub-contractor procedures and processes including procurement and ensuring weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked
• Maintaining budget control throughout development; and highlighting and managing cost overruns within contingency levels
• Carrying out weekly progress checklist on site for all sites
• Preparing monthly valuations
• Arranging interim valuation payments
• Carrying out pre & post contract commercial
• Attending all necessary and required meetings
• Contract administration
Were looking for someone with the whole package, who is eager to grow with the company. Initially the role will be working at a hands-on level, but in time we want someone who can build the team for the future.
You will have a minimum 5 years of quantity surveying and package management experience within multi-unit residential schemes, with projects in excess of £5 million. A full UK drivers licence is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying and/or RICS accreditation (although not essential) have pre & post contract experience, and have excellent interpersonal skills to boot. Your judgement will be relied upon extensively so you must have impeccable attention to detail.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for a confidential discussion regarding this role.