Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: £60 - £70K
- Location: Kent, Kent
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Sector: Construction, Quantity Surveyor, Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Full Time
- Job Ref: IFJ3356
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Civil Engineering
£60,000 to £75,000 per annum plus package
My client is a Traditional Civil engineering Contractor based in Kent. They work within a wide range of different sectors including roads, bridges, earthworks, and infrastructure This client is well established, they have a good reputation and they have won a number of awards. Typical projects are between £1.5 – £6 million in value. You will be reporting straight into the commercial manager. This role is working from the office with site visits.
• Lead Commercial quantity surveyor running 1 / 2 projects.
• Preparing tender and contract documents, this will include bills of quantities with the client.
• Ensure the full and proper implementation of the Company’s Procedures.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control.
• Performing Value management and cost control.
• Arranging payments and valuing completed work.
• To assist the project team in the administration of sub-contractor performance so as to ensure the economic and timely completion of all sub-contractor liabilities written into sub-contracts.
• Record and analyse the impact of variations / design cost control / value engineering.
• Participate and advise on programme / delay issues arising from change / variations and to prepare claims for extensions of time.
• To prepare, negotiate and settle final accounts.
• Participate or lead in Project Meetings.
• To participate in dispute avoidance or alternatively resolution.
• Ensure the timely submission of all relevant data required to monitor and analyse individual contract performance on a monthly and quarterly basis thereafter.
• Strong client facing and negotiating skills
• Must have experience of running a civil engineering project, as the number one Quantity Surveyor, from start to finish (procurement to final accounts)
• In depth knowledge or different kinds of civil engineering projects such as roads, groundworks, earthworks, bridges and infrastructure.
• Holds a relevant CSCS Card.
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
• Proficient in the use of MS Packages e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Please send in your CV or call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 /07517 705 475 for more information on this and other Quantity Surveying Roles