Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: £60 - £70K
- Location: Leatherhead, Kent
- Start date:
- Job Sector: Construction, Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Permanent
- Job Ref: J3798
Senior Quantity Surveyor – Residential Developer
£65,000 – £80,000 plus car / allowance and generous package
An exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced Residential Construction Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a fast growing regional developer. The company is a reputable, secure and long-established regional developer based in the Leatherhead area. They carry out new build residential projects in Surrey, Sussex, Kent and North Hampshire.
The role has come about due to organic growth. The position is an integral part of the senior commercial team and will offer good career progression for ambitious individuals.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for:
• Working on a multi million pounds residential new build project
• In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member, be accountable for the profitability of the project(s) and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins.
• Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed.
• With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value.
• Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget.
• Provide information to allow pro-actively monitoring and management of cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner.
• Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner.
• Assist in ensuring effective records are maintained to support claims and that applications for payment for variations are issued in a timely manner.
• Manage the subcontract procurement process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation.
• Ensure that subcontracts are placed in an appropriate manner to step down appropriate responsibilities from the Main Contract.
• Ensure that each sub-contractor’s account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions.
• Be accountable for the activities of any directly reporting quantity surveying staff, including mentoring junior members of the team, and provide advice and guidance to other members of the team as required.
• To arrange and oversee procurement of all required materials for projects.
• To undertake site visits and attend meetings as required.
The successful candidate will likely have;
• Experience as Quantity Surveyor working for a Regional or National Main Contractor on new build projects
• Must have experience in residential projects (houses)
• A steady permanent background and a demonstrable track record in assisting in managing the commercial aspects of Construction projects
• Commutable daily to Exeter
• The successful candidates will be able to enjoy a consistent flow of projects, a financially secure business, autonomy to manage your own diary and an enjoyable working environment
• A negotiable salary depending on experience with an extensive benefits package consisting of car/car allowance, healthcare, pension and more.
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 / 07517 705 475for a confidential discussion regarding this role.