Senior Site Engineer
- Salary: £40K – £50K
- Location: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Start date:
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Ref: J3569
Senior Site Engineer
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
£45,000 to £55,000 per annum plus package
Our client is a reginal based civil engineering contractor based in the Bury St Edmunds area. Due to expansion they are actively searching for a qualified site engineer to join their operational delivery team. The role will be a combination of setting out, project management and quality functions. This is a great opportunity for a site engineer to take their first steps into site / project management.
• Setting-out of all elements on site; Roads and Sewers, Foundations, Brickwork, Services etc
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works.
• Ensure that the drawings, details, and specifications are fully adhered to on site
• Monitor and record progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
• Provide engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered
• Implementing a Healthy and Safe working environment
• Liaising with site management to ensure the smooth running and management of the project.
• Material and quality management.
• Maintain good working relations with Principle Contractor / Local Authority Inspectors, together with our supply chain.
• Assist in the recording and checking of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, brickwork etc.
• Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are within calibration
• Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
• Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in relation to Groundworks / Civil Engineering projects
• Fully conversant with the use of robotic total station or EDM instruments
• Technically competent in dealing with all aspects of site duties
• Ideally holding a HNC or above in Civil Engineering
• Driving licence
• CSCS Card
Please contact Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this and other site engineer roles.