Sub Agent – Highways
- Salary: £200 - £250
- Location: Chelmsford, Essex,
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Sector:
- Job Type: Contract
- Job Ref: J3588
£200 per day
Our client is a regional based Civil Engineering contractor with offices covering the South of England. Due to an Essex based contract win, they are now actively searching for a sub agent to join their site team. The project is a highways alteration scheme. The role will also include some bridge work so experience of live highways is desired.
• Support the Site Agent or Project Manager in the execution of his duties, and management of smaller construction contracts.
• Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
• Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and project management plans.
• Understand tender allowances and monitor contract costs against agreed budgets.
• Preparing and monitoring programmes of work.
• Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
• Manage design co-ordination.
• Manage contracts to ensure timely and profitable completion of contracts.
• Inform, consult and involve local groups as necessary.
• Foster good relations and reputation with clients.
You should be:
• A good communicator with the ability to instruct and direct staff
• A good organiser, both of self and others with the ability to think in advance
• Experienced in people management and motivation of staff
You will have experience in the civils sector, working with the NEC form of contract. You must also have a relevant industry qualification (SMSTS / SSSTS, CSCS and ideally First Aid). You will ideally have significant main contractor civils experience including Roads, Earthworks, Drainage, Highways and Infrastructure.
Please call Ian Farr on 01473 217 399 for more information on this an other roles I have.